Condo InsuranceYour condominium is unique and so are your protection needs. As a condo owner you may not need to worry about backyard or basement maintenance, but you will still want to be sure your portion of the property is insured properly.

Help keep your property safe with a Condo Policy. This coverage safeguards your:

  • Personal property.
  • Building additions or alterations you make to your premises.

It also offers coverage for:

  • Loss of use, which covers additional living expenses if you need to relocate temporarily.
  • Personal liability for bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims brought against you anywhere in the world.
  • Medical payments to others who are injured in an accident arising from your premises or personal activities.

Optional Coverages

Some optional coverages you may choose to add to your Condocover Policy include:

  • Sewer or drain back-up – Covers the damages up to the limit that you set when buying the policy.
  • Scheduled personal property – Covers items such as jewelry, furs, cameras, musical instruments and the fine arts above what the basic insurance policy provides.
  • Increased loss assessment amount – Increases the coverage available if there is a covered loss and your association’s coverage is inadequate, or there is a deductible under the association’s policy, and you are assessed.
  • Increased building, additions and alterations endorsement – Provides $5,000 automatically for real property in the condo for which you are responsible and that will not be reimbursed by the condo association. For example, if you update the kitchen, the improvements are probably not covered by the condo association.
  • Condocover enhancement endorsement – Increases the basic policy’s personal property amounts and building, additions and alterations coverage.
  • Incidental business occupancy – Provides coverage for an incidental business conducted by the insured on the residence premises. Eligibility is limited to certain types of businesses.
  • Earthquake coverage – Offers protection for the shaking and cracking that can destroy buildings and personal possessions.
  • Identity Recovery Coverage – Covers case management services, expense reimbursement and fraud in cases of personal identity theft.
  • Loss assessments  imposed upon you by your condominium association to cover the association policy’s deductible or if the coverage is inadequate to pay for the loss.